Mother is an essential figure in a person’s life. Without mothers, we would not be able to live in this world. In Malaysia, Mother’s Day is celebrated on the 2nd Sunday in May every year. Therefore, next year, Mother’s Day will fall on 12th May 2024.
Here are a few facts about this holiday and its celebration in Malaysia. Continue reading this article till the end to know more about this holiday.
If you want to read this article in Malay click on the article: Tarikh Hari Ibu 2023 Di Malaysia & Ucapan Selamat Hari Ibu
What is Mother’s Day?
Mother’s Day is a holiday in honour of mothers that is celebrated in countries throughout the world. In its modern form, the holiday originated in the United States, where it is observed on the second Sunday in May.
Anna Jarvis the inventor of this holiday had originally conceived this day as a day of personal celebration between mothers and their families. Her version of the day involved wearing a white carnation as a badge and visiting one’s mother or attending church services.
In Malaysia, this holiday is a time to let your mother or someone you recognise as a mother to take a break from the ordinary homemaking duties. There will be tons of vast racks of Mother’s Day cards and gifts for sale in shops and malls in Malaysia, and the children will buy all of that to show their love and appreciation.
Source: Encyclopedia Britannica
When is Mother’s Day 2024?
In Malaysia, Mother’s Day is celebrated annually on the second Sunday in May; therefore, the date changes yearly. Although Mother’s Day is a national holiday, it is not a federal or public holiday. For the year of 2024, Mother’s Day will fall on 12th May 2024 (Sunday).
10 Lovely Wishes for your Mother on Mother’s Day
These cute and meaningful Mother’s Day wishes are the perfect inspiration for you to give to your mother for this holiday next year:
- Happy Mother’s Day! Thanks for always being the glue that keeps this family together.
- Today is your Day! Now, let’s celebrate your incredible life and your hard work to help make us the best versions of ourselves.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the sweetest mom in the world! Your love and guidance have made me who I am today
- Happy Mother’s Day to the world’s most excellent guardian, storyteller, chef, homework helper, and style icon.
- Your unconditional love and unwavering support have shaped me into who I am today. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I am so grateful for all your sacrifices for our family.
- Thank you for making our house a home and life so bright! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Your kindness, love, and generosity never cease to amaze me. Happy Mother’s Day to the most wonderful mom!
- Thank you for being my mom, mentor, and role model. Happy Day to the woman I admire the most!
- I learned everything I’m proud to see in myself from you. Thanks for being the best mentor, guide, and example someone could have requested!