Father’s Day celebration is a celebration that is celebrated to show appreciation to fathers who have contributed a lot in raising us.
This festival is celebrated worldwide on different dates; however, in Malaysia, it is celebrated on the third Sunday in June.
To know more about this holiday, continue reading this article until the end.
The Origin of Father’s Day
The origin of this celebration is Sonora Smart Dodd, who felt that the celebration of Father’s Day should also be done to appreciate our dad. Dodd and his four siblings were raised by their father, William Jackson Smart, who was a former soldier, after their mother’s death.
This is what caused Dodd to feel that in addition to Mother’s Day, Father’s Day should also be held to appreciate the sacrifices of a dad. He submitted this proposal to the religious leader of the area where he lives, and his idea was accepted.
This festival was celebrated for the first time on June 19, 1910, the month Dodd’s father was born, and in 1966, Pres. Lyndon B. Johnson issued a proclamation recognizing this festival to be celebrated on the third Sunday in June.
Buy your father’s day
Father’s Day in 2024
In Malaysia, Father’s Day is celebrated annually on the third Sunday in June; therefore, the date changes yearly. Although this holiday is a national holiday, it is not a federal or public holiday. For next year, 2024, this holiday will fall on 16 June 2024 (Sunday).
Buy interesting gifts for your father in conjunction with Father’s Day at Shopee.
10 Lovely Wishes for Your Father
Below are a list of wishes you can give to your dad during father’s day:
- Every effort you put in, Every drop of your sweat, Your services and sacrifices are countless. Never count, even though He is the most sincere person. Thank you, Dad.
- We will never forget every effort you put in, every drop of your sweat, and every service and sacrifice. Thank you for the love you have given us. Happy Father’s Day, We Love You, Dad.
- Ayah, thank you for shaping us to be a strong-hearted person. We will remember your advice. Your determination in educating has made us successful today. Thank you, Dad. Only God can repay all the goodness of Father to us.
- Happy Father’s Day. Thank you, Daddy, for your service, sweat and sacrifice in raising us.
- Happy Father’s Day. You are the hero in our lives. Love You Dad.
- Behind a mother’s love, there is a father’s hard work. Thank you, Dad. Happy Father’s Day.
- Thank you Abah. You are still brave against the waves of hardship and the struggle of life for the happiness of your family. You keep trying for your wife and children.
- For Dad, wherever you are right now. May God always bless, protect and love you.
- Abah, you have spoken thousands of words and given thousands of love to us. Thank you, abah. Happy Father’s Day!
- Your sacrifices and services are priceless. Happy Father’s Day
Read about the history of Mother’s Day here: Mother’s Day 2024 : Date, History and Message For Your Mother